1. What is the primary concept of how all "effleurage" strokes should be applied?
A. Strokes are vigorous cross fiber movements.
B. Strokes are centripetal or toward the heart.
C. Strokes are centrifugal or away from the heart.
D. Strokes are counter-clockwise, circular movements.
2. The technique of "kneading" is performed in which manner?
A. Tapping the fingertips on the surface of the skin.
B. Sliding the hands rapidly over the skin.
C. Lifting, grasping, rolling and compressing muscles.
D. Pressing over the muscle tissue lightly but firmly.
3. Why is proper draping an important part of good, professional business ethics?
A. It ensures your clients privacy and comfort.
B. It's an important marketing tool.
C. It makes it easier to deal with difficult people.
D. It promotes oil / lotion absorption.
4. If a new client refuses to fill out an intake form, what action should be taken?
A. Diplomatically refuse to work on them until they fill it out.
B. Reschedule the appointment and have them fill it out at home.
C. Ask as many questions as necessary, and if the client gives enough
information, proceed with the massage.
D. Proceed with the massage and have them fill it out later.
5. Range of motion is determined through
A. an assessment of joint movement.
B. palpation of the joint.
C. using myofascial techniques.
D. any form of stretching.
6. What hormone does the pineal gland produce?
7. The mitral valve is also known as the
A. aortic semilunar valve.
B. pulmonary semilunar valve.
C. bicuspid valve.
D. tricuspid valve.
8. Warts are
A. a contagious infection of the epidermis layer of the skin.
B. a noncontagious infection of the epidermis layer of the skin.
C. a contagious infection of the subcutaneous layer of the skin.
D. a noncontagious infection of the subcutaneous layer of the skin.
9. What causes poliomyelitis?
A. viral infection
B. bacterial infection
C. autoimmune disorder
D. genetic defect
10. The disease that is characterized by a deficiency of insulin production by the beta cells within the pancreatic islet cells is called
A. type 1 diabetes mellitus.
B. type 2 diabetes mellitus.
C. diabetes insipidus.
11. Which of the following oriental meridians is not paired?
A. Triple heater
B. Large intestine
D. Conception vessel
12. The 1099 tax form is a statement used to notify the IRS of what information?
A. Independent contractor wages
B. Estimated quarterly taxes
C. Business partnership taxes
D. Employee wages